Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They did it again. I've had several of these on my pistolas. Took a plunge and decided to try these out from Amazon for $16.00 on my Annie and WOW what a difference! For anyone in doubt here's a comparison to Pachmayr.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
I like the Hogue black rubber monogrips and have them on all my shooting revolvers. They are not very handsome but I feel that they are superior to any other grip for guns that you actually shoot a lot. And they are quite inexpensive.

- - - Buckspen

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is the material that the Hogue is made of similar to the material used in the Pachmayr? I have Pachmayrs on my Colt Agent revolver. They're better than stock, but don't damp the impact much.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah, the Pachmayrs feel more like rigid plastic, whereas Hogues feel alot softer and warmer. Definitely a huge difference between them. Hogues also tend to have much better shape in the finger grooves. Also, with sweaty hands or (don't scream) when in the rain, Hogues don't get wet slipped like the Pachs. For $16 it's a phenominal deal for playing dress-up with your toys.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
I have a set of original hogues on my security six revolver. They have the big,round silver hogue medallion. They are the best fitting grip Ive ever tried. They really fit my hand well and look very good on the stainless ruger snub. probably the best fitting grip ever designed.
I noticed they dont make them any more with the cool looking silver medallion-too bad -they look really good with stainless or nickel.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can still find em' around but they are almost impossible to find in good shape for my Anaconda. I guess a call to Hogue would do me well to see if they have any. The ones I got fit so tight and nice that I feel I'll never go to wood like some other folks do. My Annie is for deep woods carry anyway, bear and such. The hogues are perfect for it. Unlike the Pachmeyrs, the Hogues also reveal the back strap of the s.s. ribbed grip, make her shine even more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nah, the Pachmayrs feel more like rigid plastic, whereas Hogues feel alot softer and warmer. Definitely a huge difference between them. Hogues also tend to have much better shape in the finger grooves. Also, with sweaty hands or (don't scream) when in the rain, Hogues don't get wet slipped like the Pachs. For $16 it's a phenominal deal for playing dress-up with your toys.
Thanks. I took a look at the Hogue website, and I suspect they don't make anything that fits my mid-80's Agent. :( If anyone knows of a Hogue that definitely fits my gun, let me know.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Call them up and see if they either make them or a model that cross fits over to yours, they could probably fix you right up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a .44 6" Annie new in 1996ish, and after the 1st box of shells, I bought the same Hogue grips that you did, and never looked back. I own 4-5 sets of hogue grips for most of my handguns.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I gotta say it feels kind of odd knowing I have $16 grips on this gun now. Kinda like getting a carpeted steering wheel for a Ferrari, you know? But dang, it feels good. Imo, the best mod for your $ out there for a gun.

·
Registered
23 Posts
First,what is an Annie? I have a Kate? I have a DD. Second, great you found love with that first shot and those grippers from Houge. 'am glade for ya.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anaconda=Annie. Just had to give my girl a name and Annie just sounded good. Anyone else that has done the same is coincidental.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts