Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends,
some time ago I bought these one-piece ivory grips at a very low price. I had hoped they would fit a SAA. Here you can see them on a SAA from aound 1938. They do not fit. they are a bit too small and the have a different "curve". But which Colt might they fit. I was suprised to find the spacer is ivory too. They do not look new. Any idea????
Peter
Automotive lighting Bumper Liquid Wood Automotive exterior

Food Ingredient Cuisine Dish Kitchen utensil

Wood Tints and shades Automotive tire Art Ceiling

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Can you please come up with an easy question? The grips are not for a Colt but could be from any of the reproductions including the 51 Navy reproductions. They do not look extremely old so I would rule out an antique gun unless they were more recently fit to it. Great looking grips.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you please come up with an easy question? The grips are not for a Colt but could be from any of the reproductions including the 51 Navy reproductions. They do not look extremely old so I would rule out an antique gun unless they were more recently fit to it. Great looking grips.
I am sorry, but those easy questions I try to answer myself. (they are the only questions I am able to answer....)....

But this is helpful. I have not thought about the fact that those reproductions have been around for quite a while

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Nice grips, but finding the type gun (read replica) they fit will be trial and error.

Reactions: Scottz63

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
A bit off topic, but related. I have no experience with one piece grips. Being one piece I'm guessing you have to remove the grip frame to install these?

Nice grips BTW!

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
1st Gen SAA one piece grips are the same as ‘51 Navy…I have used a few over the years…that grip is for a replica

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
A bit off topic, but related. I have no experience with one piece grips. Being one piece I'm guessing you have to remove the grip frame to install these?

Nice grips BTW!
Yes … You must remove the backstrap to install these type of 1-piece grips. 👍👍

Reactions: Scottz63

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Very nice looking grips to say the least. 👍👍

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1st Gen SAA one piece grips are the same as ‘51 Navy…I have used a few over the years…that grip is for a replica
Thank you, I have learned something.
In this case they will go into the drawer where useless nice things stay. I do not have any replicas and I do not collect cap & ball revolvers - and ivory is tricky to sell "long distance".
Cheap is sometimes not so cheap....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts