Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some time back when I was building my AR-15, I sold off my Trooper 357. I regretted it almost immediately. Today in a two gun swap. I got it back. And not from the same guy I sold it to.

I doubt that would have happened if I had sold it online.

This poor gun has sold no less than four times that I know of on Backpage in the last year. The price goes up every time.

I think I did very well on my trade. I gave up my Hi-Standard Citation and two bills and got the Trooper back and a nice Hi-Standard Duramatic M-101 Hamden gun with box.

I'll post some pics when I get home.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I am gla you were able to get your Trooper back.Because my quest for snubbies that are Colt I have to make the majority of my purchases on line because the used Colt revolvers are rarely if ever found here.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Good deal - How was Disney ???

·
Registered
457 Posts
You did good, that's a good start for father's day. There have been numerous threads in the past on "sellers remorse", a subject that I have many sad ones to relate to. Reuniting with a long gone trade/sell is something to celebrate, but to get it back at a fair price is really something.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
If you might "regret" selling a gun, why sell it at all?

I really do not understand this "seller's remorse" stuff. You had a reason to sell the gun, you sold the gun, end of story....except for those with seller's remorse.

·
Registered
457 Posts
This expression was used as a figure of speech "sellers remorse" for lack of a better name. While everything said in above posts are correct, we have all traded or sold with some regret dued to funds, lack of knowledge, belief of "trading up", duplication whatever I'm sure ALLl of us can relate a tale or two of SOME gun that you wish you hadn't let go....It just something that happens in the world of collecting - we acquire knowledge and experience along the ride.

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
I was forced to let my Colt XSE LWT Commander .38 Super go. I sold it to a nearby gun shop. A year or so later it was for sale there.
Yea I bought it back; no its not for sale I'll go on a diet first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts