Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first taste of a gunshow today.

Me and a friend visited a gunshow in Oostende,(Flanders, Belgium) today. Most militaria stuff, there were a few gundealers present from Belgium, France, UK and the Netherlands but most of the stuff was WWII collectibles. Uniforms, rifles, submachineguns -German, British and US made- and lots of other stuff.

I was on a mission. The hunt was on for a magazine for my Colt Ace. The first one that was dug out by a French dealer had the hefty pricetag of 150 Euros on it. Judging from the state it was in a presumed it was a prewar production. I left it where I found it for the simple reason of a imminent cashflow-problem. At the other end of the show I found another Ace magazine which used to belong to a conversion kit. This was definetly a postwar production (judging condition) and had a pricetag of 60 Euros. Since we were at the end of the show I took -possibly- a big gamble by buying this magazine hoping that it would fit a post war production Ace.

Colt collectibles gave me a heartattack!
Spotted a Colt 1851 Navy with ivory grips and near mint engraving on the cylinder of a seabattle for the small pricetag of only 7000 Euros! Hefty price for me to pay, but how would you people rate such a gun?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Gunsmoke, how common are European gunshows, and in what countries? I don't get to Europe often, but it sure would make an interesting trip if the schedule happened to coincide with business. Can one find notices on the web?
Bryan vdZ

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big gunshows are in no way as common in Europe as they are in the US. The market isn't as big in Europe as in the States. Next big gunshow is the WBK International (10.000m2 - big for European standards) in Kassel, Germany from 2nd until the 5th of November.

Check the site:

www.waffenboersen.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts