Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OP Groups shot (with a few S&W\'s)

Shot the new image for the front page of the website. Guns will start going up this afternoon (LATE LATE afternoon).

I think this image rocks. Oh, most verily. I rocketh!!!

RM Vivas

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Re: OP Groups shot (with a few S&W\'s)

RM; Just out of curiousity,are any of the Round Butts PRE War O.P.s??? Often wondered when the RB option first began?

Couldn't tell by the photo,but I did see some rounded 1/2 moon sights,as per pre wars.

On a more somber note,having had a cousin marry a jockey,in the 50's,when I was around 10,and going to the stables at the track with him a few times,I know that injured horses had to be "put down". The .38 Specials,carried by track security,just wouln't do it often in one shot,so a 1911 was kept for such cases.

Who made the holsters? Do they have gun belts and Sam Browne belts etc?

Thanks,
Bud /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

There's two pre-war OP's in the batch. There are about 9 RB's. My experience is that the RB OP's are usually a mid to late 50's phenomena. Popular theory is that they were made with leftover Marshall frames, however the catalogs of that era do list RB as an option.

I can tell you from my research that just about ALL of the RB OP's I have seen are from 2 contracts that NYPD ordered on.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

Thanks RM. That's about when I figured the Round Butts came in,except probably for the 2" versions.

Bud /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Banned
1,129 Posts

[ QUOTE ]

I can tell you from my research that just about ALL of the RB OP's I have seen are from 2 contracts that NYPD ordered on.

[/ QUOTE ] a few yrs ago i bought several hundred stocks from a fellow who was connected to the rockville md. p.d., in that bunch was a single pr. of rnd butt o/p stocks so perhaps a few escaped to other p.d.`s. as a side note there were a few pr. of pre-war p/pos stocks in the lot, one pr. was so nice i put them away for my personal use... sure wish i could remember where i put them!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
3,936 Posts

Retreading this thread to give RM Vivas some good feedback. One of the post-war square butt Official Police revolvers in the photo came my way just today.

I'd posted a request a few weeks back asking to see some Official Police revolvers and the Forum responded in spades. Within a few days this photo appeared on the Forum and I determined to secure an Official Police for my menagerie.

I just told Mr. Vivas to select a good 'un from his remaining supply. Shipment was very speedy from his shop to my dealer. He provided excellent photographs of the individual revolvers. Photographs never do justice to a firearm and the revolver was even better than it looked on his site. Mechanically it is still very strong.

He's very friendly on the phone and tends to business just like a Colt Forum member should.

Buy guns from RM Vivas and Son!

·
Registered
907 Posts

Amen to that. I also purchased an O.P., and while talking to him on the phone, asked if I could buy the holster it rode in. He said "No, but I can give it to you." How's that for class? He also helped me with some research I am doing on a NYPD gun. Needless to say, Robert has my endorsement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts