Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OPie\'s back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I since february, I've had by 1944 Colt Official Police at Cylinder & Slide. NOW it is back. Retimed, reblued, force cone throat cleared and widened, and with the cylinder endshake and binding GONE!
The action somehow is a little stiff after the bolt, but it doesn't have that stacking. I guess that just needs to be shot out of it and will go away in time. BUT, somehow, it only seems to matter when I am dryfiring. When I am live firing it, the stiffness in the action just doesn't feel like it's there and the action seems to follow through beautifully. Got some nice old style walnut grips (pre war grips)
I liked it so much at the range, I decide to whip out my shoulder holster, take off my Detective Special and wear my old style Official Police for the evening.
The very first modern handgun (that is gun that fires cartridge ammo)I ever bought. It's still the best out of my whole collection

·
Registered
400 Posts
Re: OPie\'s back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pictures? I'd love to see an example of C&S's work.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
3,936 Posts

Show and tell. I would also like to see the Official Police in its glory.

It's great that you carried it as well. It would still accomplish what it was designed to do and do it as well or better than so much of this modern plastic ware we've become used to seeing.

·
Registered
39 Posts

I'd like to see a couple of pics too. Maybe we should start another thread. = Basic "carry guns" that have turned into old friends. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I would love to post pictures. I will give it a try when I am in a good position. (lighting, cell phone resolution isn't what it used to be) Will get them up soon if I can

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

OKAY! These pictures are not the best in the world, but they are the best my phone camera could pull out.
The bluing is not Colt "Royal" blue...but it isn't all that bad either /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,936 Posts

It looks to have a rich blue finish. If it shoots as good as it looks you are a lucky fellow. Thanks for the photos.

Is that a "Dick Special" in the corner of the second photo?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

[ QUOTE ]
It looks to have a rich blue finish. If it shoots as good as it looks you are a lucky fellow. Thanks for the photos.

Is that a "Dick Special" in the corner of the second photo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is a Dick Special.

The reblued OP Doesn't shoot all that bad. No stacking. The action isn't as smooth as it could be though (the gun jolts a little when the bolt snaps against it depending on how slow you are pulling the trigger)...but somehow when I shoot live ammo in it...I don't seem to notice it. But it does shoot very well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts