Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Maybe the rear sight was installed by someone who knew what they were doing and maybe not. I'm leery of anything weakening the top strap. Over the last few years I've bought 3 Cimarron Model P's for under $400 and they are fine shooters. For a bit more than what those folks are asking I've bought a used 3rd. generation Colt SAA. These were all on Gunbroker. Don't get in a hurry, bide your time and you'll find the perfect SAA for yourself.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
It has no real value as a 1st gen SAA once it has been heavily modified. I think I would much prefer a good Uberti over this one, but the grips are nice!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have the same make and model rear sight on a reworked M1917 Colt.I had never seen that particular style of rear sight before.I don't know who did the work on my 1917 but it has a commercial .45 Colt barrel.The action rivals any Python or Officers Model I have handled.

·
Premium Member
4,465 Posts
For half what they are asking, it would be a good shooter. Since it has been heavily messed with, and is in a somewhat rare caliber (think: $$$ or handloading), a Cimarron or other modern repro in .357, .44 Spl or .45 Colt would be a better investment as a shooter - with warranty coverage. Personally, I really like the $100 estate sale SAA, but I'm not a Lotto winner like that guy is...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts