Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at a 1st gen Sheriff's model on GI, shipped to Houston Texas in 1896. The serial number does not appear on the lists that have been previously posted here of known Sheriff models, but I suspect the lists are not 100% complete. In the GI listing there is a pic of the Colt letter, but of course with revolvers in this price range fake letters do occur. I would be interested in any thoughts on this particular revolver - for me the GI search function does not find it if you put in Sheriff's Model, but it does find it if you put in Dunlay Hardware. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I also know the seller. You have no worries dealing with him. A number of other forum members also know and respect him.

·
Premium Member
19,131 Posts
I can see the embossed Colt Seal around Beverly Haynes' name on the letter. That is a good sign. The gun looks very nice and original in the pictures.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Everetto, I am the owner of the Sheriff’s Model Colt on GI. I’ll PM you in case you have any questions for me. The gun is an honest old sheriff’s model and they are not easily found in good, original condition. The Texas shipping destination doesn’t hurt either.

Thanks to the forum members for the kind comments about the gun and about me!

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
No sir, Mattmatt61720, that is WELL worn and WELL used early 1880's nickel.

LED's don't do the gun justice...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts