Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like a nice gun and kind of reasonable price. $500 more for Python. My brother has a Kimber K6, 3”, but I’ve not shot it. Light trigger and recessed chambers

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
The KC Target is exceptional...a thoroughly modern revolver. I've never handled one of the Kimber revolvers so I can't comment on it...other than I think it's fugly...but the real beauty is in performance. If the Kimber performs it's beautiful beyond its appearance.

My only criticism of the King Cobra is purely subjective...I would like to see a trigger with more rounded face...maybe a touch wider...but that's just my preferences.

The King Cobra is accurate...very good handling and has a smooth action. I have a 3" KC, a 4" KC Target and a 6" 2020 Python...all are exceptional. Any will do anything one can reasonably ask from a .357 Magnum revolver. Whether a KC Target is a better buy than a Python is open to interpretation...a Python is a step apart from mere run of the mill revolvers but I will admit in most hands the Python probably won't shoot any better than the others. I think to say the Python has more accuracy potential is an accurate statement..but most won't see it on their target. You buy a Python because...well...it's a Python and it carries a pride of ownership few other handguns can.

Reactions: andy640 and MitchM

·
Banned
110 Posts
Well, I bought a new one anyhow. It feeds fine from an HKS #10 speedloader but it's over-molded Hogue backstrap covering absorptive rubber grips are K-frame size, making pocket-carry problematic. So much for it replacing my 642 as a pocketable CCW. I/O WB holster carry will have to do. Empty, it's just over a half pound heavier than the 642 - not bad for a SS revolver! It's +P .38 Spcl rating will be used - I have some Remington R38S12 158gr LHPSWC +P for it to carry. It's DA pull is about as smooth and stout as my well broken in 642 is now, with a crisp release - also in SA. I like it's red FO front sight - it's easily viewed in subdued light. I'll check it's POA/POI with a couple of different types of ammo next week. It's my first Colt... whoever made it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts