Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All ... Any thoughts re condition of the Colt Officer's revolver in the attached pics that is for sale? I'm not an expert nor an experienced buyer so appreciate the help of the experts here. Do you think this revolver is in original condition or has this been re-blued? Any watch-outs or concerns? Are the box & papers possibly originals or are they reproductions? It has matching s/n on the frame and cylinder swing arm. Anything I should ask the Seller?

Have additional pics if helpful.

Appreciate any and all input! Thanks Colt Forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
If you mean the serial number is on the bottom of the box, usually in grease pencil if I recall, that is correct. The gun looks right to me high 90s% condition. Which matches the box condition, though I don't worry about boxes, it looks right.

·
Premium Member
6,702 Posts
The factory target has a matching s/n. The only s/n on the box is on the bottom panel, written in pencil(?). Thought it would have been on an end label.
The penciled number is correct for the era. Originally, it would have also had a cleaning brush and a small screwdriver-type tool for adjusting the sights. Overall, it is a really nice looking package. Price?

·
Registered
7,288 Posts
Hi All ... Any thoughts re condition of the Colt Officer's revolver in the attached pics that is for sale? I'm not an expert nor an experienced buyer so appreciate the help of the experts here. Do you think this revolver is in original condition or has this been re-blued? Any watch-outs or concerns? Are the box & papers possibly originals or are they reproductions? It has matching s/n on the frame and cylinder swing arm. Anything I should ask the Seller?

Have additional pics if helpful.

Appreciate any and all input! Thanks Colt Forum.
What a jewel.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts