Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am working on this pattern for a 6 in n-frame/new service.would like something that will accomadate target type sites. any opinions?? too blocky/bulky??

·
Registered
17 Posts
I like it just fine, 90% of my Guns are in Flap Holsters, i just plain like them, George.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Looks good to me. Flap holsters are better for a lot of situations has they protect the firearm for worldly gunk. But I'm positive everyone here already knows that. As such I've always liked them too.

Dave

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you gentlemen,i`m still thinking on reshaping the bottom 2/3`s. i guess i will sew this one up first and see if it changes the look.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Looks fine to me, as you said "reshaping the bottom", I would think unless it's "molded" (shaped under pressure) the way you are doing it would make it fit MORE guns, NOT be "fitted" . Keep it simple and it will serve it's purpose.
Good job /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks good. You might want to consider lining it with satin or other really slick fabric to minimize bluing wear. Of course that won't work if this is meant to be a working/hunting holster where it might get exposed to rain or such, but if it's a storage/range holster then satin's a good idea.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thought i would post the finnished photo`s. came out pretty nice. please pardon the end of n/s barrel protruding, holster is made to fit a 6in gun but i dont have 6in n/s. mod 27 fits nicely in the same holster which was my intent.opinions??

·
Registered
576 Posts
That's very nice work. You do that for a living or just as a hobby?

While I think it is very nice, were it mine I would prefer the stiching, the thread, to match the color of the leather rather than being white.

What did you use for the lining, or is it lined?

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well it`s mainly a hobby, but i did sell about 3k last year.the lining is same veg. tanned leather as the face only a lighter weight.i like the white stiching, it sets the color of the face leather off and seperates a custom holster from a factory holster. i put everyone of those stiches in there with awl and needle and i want them to show up /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif i did sew a whole box of that white thread last year 916 yrds, one stich at a time.it`s an interesting hobby that produces a lttle "gun money". i am left handed and leather for my own use is hard to find, so i just make my own.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Well, on a scale of 1 to 10, I would give it a solid 10.5 I think it is beautiful. Great craftsmanship. Takes skill to turn out something like that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts