Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a recent 3rd .45 7 1/2? which is great in fit & function, but the CH looks like an amalgamation of chemical applied & Exorcist pea soup. Should I have it re-done, or just live with it? Sorry no photos; don?t know how to post on this site.

·
Registered
699 Posts
That depends, are you going to look at it or shoot it? They all fade with time especially shooters. I would live with it.

Reactions: lounick

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
CH has always been, "run what you brung" :) I'd learn to love it. If it is a show case gun you aren't gonna shoot just sell it and get something more to your liking. If you are going to shoot the CH colors will fade soon enough.

Cost pull the gun apart and color case would easily make it worth while to me to just find another gun and sell that one.

good discussion and photos of redoing case colors here:

http://www.coltforum.com/forums/sin...1st-gen-turnbull-restoration-gun-re-done.html

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I'm a big Case Color fan. It all depends on the gun. If it is tight and functions well, i wouldn't get rid of it. You don't know what the new one is going to cost you and that is if you find one at your price. I would re do the case.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It?s for shooting, tho not holstered/carried. I have others which are just fine, so I guess it could be lived with. Just looks like crap, don?t see how it made it out the door.

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
Info about having CCH done may be of interest --

SAA 1891 lettered .38 Colt came to me EXC but full blue. I sent barrel/frame/loading gate to Turnbulls for CCH. Cost was $350 including $50 for remove/replace barrel ---->

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have one of Turnbull?s initial run of ?DT? s/n# Colts from the late ?90?s, and the colors are similar to yours. I have given serious thought to sending it there or elsewhere, and having hammer done as well. I got it about a couple years ago, and don?t know if I can readily find another, given production has all but ceased.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts