Colt Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
This fake Walker was sold by a legitimate antique gun dealer and a good guy, who was completely on the up-and-up about it. I'm not sure what he sold the gun for, and I don't want to ask him, but I would have bought this gun for a $1,000 for sure (and I'm sure it sold for much more than that). Problem is, there are so few Walkers in existence, that you don't get too much "play time" with them, to really be able to understand theirs ins-and-outs. When you're holding one in your hands, you just have a few minutes to play with it before the person who handed you the gun starts getting nervous, and you certainly don't feel comfortable breaking it down (and typically they won't let you). So, at this level, you're sort of stuck with pictures. I've handled a few Walkers, but certainly not enough, and not in the type of detail and duration that I wanted to. Sucks for me.

·
Premium Member
3,929 Posts
At $6900 for a fake, I think I'm going to give my San Marco a mildly corrosive bath before tumbling it in leather! Honestly, with the impact marks surrounding the wedge, such a gun would have been shot and put away wet: thus the bore would be far from "crisp." There is nothing hidden that will not be brought to light.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Once you personally handle a nice (for a Walker) condition original, the fakes all stand out like a sore thumb, regardless of how clever they are. No one this side of the Haas/Acevedo shop has ever gotten the contours down right.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts