Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped at my LGS (@75 miles one way, not really local) in the process of doing a few actual useful errands. Relatively well stocked for a small shop, but nothing of interest in the range of older handguns, a couple of interesting antique and quality repro long guns. All you folks shooting the old pocket pistols recently has got me thinking of shooting them for the first time in ages. I checked his ammunition and picked up some (new) Herters .25 acp $24 per 50 rounds. Never kept more than a couple of boxes of .25 or..32 acp, since I figured they would be a "special situation" use item, in contrast, adequate .380 and 38 Auto. Shop owner couldn't recall the last time he had 32 in stock. I only have a box or two, so may need to roll my own.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
I hate to say it, but that is not a terrible price.
HOODATHUNKIT?
I will still pick up factory ammo when I can, but, golly gee willikers, boys!
I bought a box of .32 acp for $40 the other day. Sell price, $45.....cash, $40 OTD.
I believe cash has a voice for small businessmen.
Seems to, anyway.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to ammoseek it is cheaper than anything available online! I can't remember the last time I saw 25 ACP in a store.

I saw 32 at Cabelas last week for the first time in a long time

My stock is looking a bit low :unsure:

View attachment 793068
Well, we all got some ammo, other than an unlikely OSS kind of engagement, love the guns, but they weren't on the stock up list. Turns out to be a small error!

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Hmmmm.....∆∆∆∆∆∆
84 boxes seems like a good start.
I have dies for .32 NP and
.32 acp. I will get to those after I get my shop de-cluttered.
Has anyone seen any primers?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hmmmm.....∆∆∆∆∆∆
84 boxes seems like a good start.
Has anyone seen any primers?
:ROFLMAO: Is one million primers too many?

I'm hoping to have luck at the gun show tomorrow to find large pistol primers - I paid out the gadzooks recently for some magnums and small pistols just because I really wanted to load some.

I've mentioned this in other threads but ammoseek.com also has reloading supplies for finding stock online. Finding local stock has been difficult for me, though I think I did finally find one place in Arlington Tx (KIR Ammo).

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
I have not been to a show since before everyone lost their minds.
My preferences are more in line with some of the common old time powder, like Unique, Bullseye, W231, 296,748, IMR 4756. There are so many new brands and varieties with so many applications, I cannot keep up with it. Perhaps what is needed is a regular updated speed chart that also includes charge density information as well.
I really don't want to have to develop new loads at this point. But if my choices aren't available, suitable substitutes will have to be used.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With enough books, or even manufacturer web sites there is nearly always a usable load. Cases aren't bad, powders and bullets can be had with patience. Primers are buy 'em when you find them on a trusted site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts