Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I totally disassembled my Agent #1434xx and cleaned it. (see post form a couple of weeks ago-insides were totally guimmed up with dried grease). Everything has been cleaned, lightly oiled and reassembled. The problem is that if I slowly cock the hammer, about 65% of the time the cylinder will not be locked and the hammer will be fully cocked. What should I do now? Thanks

Marc in NC

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Does the bolt move freely and is the bolt spring completely in place(does the bolt pop back when pressed down by hand)? Is the hand inserted all the way and under the rebound lever?

·
Premium Member
9,697 Posts
Order a replacement hand from Brownells and install it. Often, no fitting will be required and it will cure your problem.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
marc,the most common cause of slow time is a short hand. colt`s reccomended repair is stretching the existing hand.the job is not hard but requires patience and attn. to detail, plus jerry kuhnhausen excellent book "the colt revolvers". i would suggest that ANYONE that owns colt guns get the book. the price of the book and few tools required are LESS than shipping the gun both ways to a qualified smith, plus you will not have to rely on anyone but yourself. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts