Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you Cobra experts recommend as a good quality leather OWB holster for your Colt Cobra?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a Milt Sparks PMK and I really like it but if I was buying a new holster today I would order the 5 shot leather version of the Alessi CQC/S. The PMK is a great holster but it is a thread through the belt loops which can be a pain at times where as the CQC/S has snap on loops.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am not an expert but I am impressed with my "new" Bucheimer Federal Man B200 that I have just got.
It's a high ride and it sits well on my belt.

·
Registered
63 Posts
@ beerformyhorses - I have that same exact holster that came with a Cobra I purchased. I noticed in the areas on my Cobra where the holster snap would contact the frame I had multiple scratch marks. I suspect the scratches were from the metal snap pressing against the frame when snapping closed. I don't have that holster with me but is the holster snap likely to scratch the frame at the connection points?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
67 Posts
If it is the same holster I don't think that the snap is the cause of the scratches. Only when closing it, and you would have to push very hard, you may have a contact between metal and metal.

·
Registered
578 Posts
If you can find a ROY'S ORIGINAL DET. I have several different holsters, but if I had to choose one it would be a ROY'S (hard to find!)

·
Registered
31 Posts
A few months old now, but a classic like your Cobra (or anyone else's) would do well in a Bell Charter Oak holster. Lefty has several designs and does great work.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It's pretty hard to beat an older Bianchi #5 or 5BH. I believe the B stands for thumbbreak, the H for highride. I have a plain #5 that doesn't ride too high and doesn't even have a strap, and another #5 bought off ebay and on the way that has a safety strap. I consider the Bianchi holsters sort of a modern classic and a good match fora classic piece like your Cobra. They are affordable -- I bought one of mine at a gunshow for $10, and the other on ebay for $28 shipped. I sold a very nice #5B for a 2" d-frame earlier this year for $40.
The two Colt Detective Specials that I owned fit nicely into some j-frame holsters. I have a nice S&W #22-62 holster which I'm planning on selling-- it's a good but not too snug fit for my Chief Specials so just might work for your Cobra. PM me if you're interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
It's pretty hard to beat an older Bianchi #5 or 5BH. I believe the B stands for thumbbreak, the H for highride.
Yes and no. The 5 was originally a strapless revolver holster, the 5A was the version for autos. The 'B' was to differentiate it from the first two, and indeed is the thumb snap. Yes, the 'H' is for the high ride version, though we did not apply it to the 19 auto holster when I converted it to the high ride belt loop created for the 5BH. The straps were added to the original 5s out of prudence. It's nice to think that these old models could still be desirable; some years ago it was a bit of a shock to search 'vintage holster' on eBay and have my Bianchi creations come up! I'm that old!?

5 first model A.jpg 5 second model.jpg 5A first model.jpg 5A second model.jpg 5B.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts