Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have the "D" frame 2 inch Commando/Detective Special from the mid 80's, you can shoot up to 3000 rounds of +P before it was to have been sent in to Colt for a possible frame replacement. Since Colt no longer makes, or has frames for these guns, I wouldn't shoot too many rounds and risk an irreplaceable frame. Shooting your "couple of hundred rounds" should be Ok.

If you have the World War II "E" frame Commando/Official Police, I wouldn't recommend any +P. Although it probably wouldn't hurt to shoot a few rounds of +P, these older Colts were not built to take the hotter loads. A few hundred rounds would NOT be a good idea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everybody, this is my first post here! ALMOST bought another O.P. today. WHEEWW! Man was it a close one. 6" barrel, G.-V.G. cond. Still tight as a drum! Lockwork that defies the laws of physics. Anyway, I was wondering if it's O.K. to put any +P thru my Colt Commando? If so, how much, or rather, how bad is it to do so? The gun is in V.G.+ cond. I would just be putting a couple of hundred rounds thru it and then it would go back into retirement on my bedside table.
Any input would be appreciated.
MO JENKINS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks dfaris,
The Commando is a WWII manufacture gun. I definately won't be putting any +P thru it! I guess I'll have to get off my butt and find some of those standard pressure Nyclad 125's. Thanks again!
Your Buddy,
MO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts