Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having a mental dilemma at the moment. For $100 under the new Python msrp I can pick up a nib 210 Target. I already have Pythons from the 60’s and 70’s but have zero experience with the Sig. A plus for the Sig is that I can get it without much of a wait time. What do owners of both guns have to say about the Sig?

·
Registered
9,588 Posts
Apples and oranges...revolver vs self-loading pistol...9mm vs .38 Spl/.357 Magnum. I have a new 6" Python...awesome revolver and worth successor to the original. My complaints with it are minor...the grooves on the trigger are pretty sharp and I replaced the stocks. I recently purchased a new P210 Target but haven't shot it yet...but it feels wonderful in the hand. I have every expectation it will shoot great.

Being honest...I would go with the Sig...if only because they're somewhat difficult to find in a retail environment and production isn't real high from my understanding. The Python...while in short supply due to demand...should be widely available once production meets demand. Long term...I would expect the Sig to be the more difficult to find down the road as I don't think it's a high volume piece. Colt has reportedly sold out Python production through the end of the year...it may be next year before supply catches up.

Whichever you choose to do you'll end up with a superior handgun.

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
I concur on the SIG - beautiful workmanship - exceptionally accurate.

The new Python's in current production - one will show up faster than the SIG will.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I don't have either of the current guns but I do have a 1967 4" Python and a 1950's Sig P210. I'm mainly interested in pistols so I tend to prefer the P210. The grip is a little more comfortable for me and its got a better trigger. The Python is prettier though.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
You already have Pythons. Why not go with something you don't have?
A buddy has a P210 and it is amazingly accurate!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm guessing an early Swiss P-210 or P49 that are not being made anymore would make for a nice collectible down the road.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just found a Sig P210 Target online in stock. If I was to purchase it the cost would be closer to $1,900 after taxes. My Python was $1,629 after taxes

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
I have been shooting the new P210, fixed sight variant for about six months. Had to return it twice for trigger problems (see guys, it’s not just the new Python) but each time I had it back in a week. I routinely shoot plates offhand at 50 to 80 yards. It’s a laser. I have several Colt, Walther and other 9mms that haven’t left the barn since I started with that Sig. $50-60 per magazine though, ouch.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I’m having a mental dilemma at the moment. For $100 under the new Python msrp I can pick up a nib 210 Target. I already have Pythons from the 60’s and 70’s but have zero experience with the Sig. A plus for the Sig is that I can get it without much of a wait time. What do owners of both guns have to say about the Sig?
Sig

·
Registered
548 Posts
Get the Sig 'Standard'; several hundred $$ less than Target model; as I understand it from the Sig salesman, they are the same except the grips and sights.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not sure what you end up doing but I just noticed Midway has the new P210 target for $1499. This market is getting old where a distributor over charges because they think something is rare.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
As much as I like my Colts, my Sigs see more range/carry time by far. The P210 is a fine target pistol, examined a new one at my FFL's recently and was very impressed.

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
Never had the pleasure of firing a 210. Put a bunch of rounds downrange with a 220.
Vic

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
I have owned several Sigs. The 210 is awesome to say the least. The Swiss still shoot them in competition matches.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts