Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All,

Does anyone know of a reputable and Colt-savvy pistolsmith in the PA region (PA, DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH)? I've talked to Bill Laughridge at Cylinder & Slide, and they seem like an excellent option, but I'd like to be able to deal with someone fact to face, and C&S is in Nebraska.

Any suggestions?

Michael.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Art Leckie MAY work on Colts. He offers "super action jobs" on Pythons and is the son-in-law of Austin Behlert, now retired, who worked on all sorts of Colts. His contact info:

Leckie Professional Gunsmithing
7067 Easton Road, P.O. Box 288
Pipersville, PA 18947
Phone: 215-766-8681
Fax: 215-766-0913

He has a website but I don't know what it is.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, gents.

Turns out Leckie's is quite close to home, but when I called there was a v-mail to the effect that Art is recovering from a hospitalization. I'll keep trying, and I'll talk to the folks in Pitt too.

Be Well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm waiting for my Colt DS to be returned from Pittsburgh. I'll let you know my comments when I get it back. So far, they are on schedule.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'll jump in as another strong supporter of Pittsburgh Handgun. I've got an excellent local gunsmith for the "other" brand, but all my Colt works goes to PHH. They are very fair, do excellent work, and have great customer service.

Scott

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the supportive comments... I'll call the Pitt boys and see if I like 'em as much as Bill at C&S. I'll let you know how it all goes, and Thirties - please do update us on how your work with Pitt went when your puppy comes back home!

Michael.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,904 Posts
You're in luck, one of the top Colt facilities is in Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh Handgun Headquarters
1330 Center Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15229
(412) 766-6100

Pittsburgh used to be the Colt factory's over-flow for warranty repairs.

They are VERY competent Colt repairmen, and have a good stock of parts.
I used them for years for customer warranty repairs, and their work was factory-level.

Other than the factory or Cylinder & Slide, they are the only Colt people I will recommend.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Michael,

You may want to look at Weigand Custom Gunsmiths. Their website is at: http://www.jackweigand.com/

I have heard good things about them, but have no personal knowledge. I sent my Python back to Colt for trigger work and the Royal Blue treatment and was very satisfied. And, they were reasonable.

Good luck,

Joe O'Rourke

1 - 9 of 9 Posts