Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scott... it"s a gun meant to shoot and holster, i just acquired from a forum member a NIB late 3rd gen SAA 32-20 in custom box. The gun is beautiful but i took it out and shot the hell out of it.. will the CCH wear and also the blueing ,yes but why stare at it when you can use it as intended. Well at least thats my way of thinking...... i will let you know how it wears but i can tell you it looks pretty cool now. Thanks and be well brother.

Marko

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I understand it's meant to be holstered, carried and shot. That's why I asked about the durability of the CCH. We often read posts on the board where someone has carried a pistol, then seems to be upset or surprised when wear patterns start to show up. We don't typically see CCH used on slide surfaces, so I'm just wondering how it will hold up compared to other common finishes. I think most finishes are developed with some durability expectations.

At $100 a pop, it's not too expensive to have it done again. But on a $200-250 gun, that could turn into a pricey venture if it has to be redone every couple years. That of course is assuming it's not all that durable. Thanks for sharing the images.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
I hate to be blunt, but that CC on the LCP makes me think of the old expression "Lipstick on a pig."

I hate to be blunt too, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I doubt and hope that the OP cares less what others think.

If a turd was case colored and stamped Colt I'm sure that most around here would like it. :cool:

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rick.... thanks plastic frame so no Bueno on that, Turnbull is now doing Uberti SAA revolvers guys i might have a project for them Uberti Flattop target... hmmmm

·
Registered
105 Posts
That is a really cool gun. I think the LCP is the best concealed carry gun ever created. It is the only pistol that I can put in my pocket and literally forget it is there. Very cool indeed and relatively inexpensive.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Turnbull does apply a thin coat of clear coating over it (more like nail polish). Comes right off with alcohol.

To improve the durability of the finish, what some shops are doing is apply clear cerakote over it. Looks quite nice actually. It’s like apply tung oil over grips. Makes it pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is a really cool gun. I think the LCP is the best concealed carry gun ever created. It is the only pistol that I can put in my pocket and literally forget it is there. Very cool indeed and relatively inexpensive.

Birch...... indeed it is the whole purpose of a concealed carry is well you wanna carry it and this one is just about perfect for that. I have had the LCPII since introduced and its a gem.... ok here come the negative comments stay tuned.

·
Registered
981 Posts
"...Turnbull is now doing Uberti SAA revolvers guys i might have a project for them Uberti Flattop target... hmmmm"

Do you know how much they are charging?

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
On the LCP, I personally don’t trust it for a primary. I had one and carried it primary in summer about 3 months. One day I got a feeling, I need to shoot this thing to see if it still shoots. My feeling was correct, only time I ever had that feeling. The hammer would go back but not enough to cycle it forward. I took it apart and it was an easy fix, a spring or something like had came loose. I didn’t trust it and traded that. After that cheap is not an adjective I want used on a tool which my life may depend on or even more others around me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts