Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Re: Pair of Boa\'s

They're fantastic looking revolvers, but sheesh! This is getting crazy.
Oh well, I suppose that must be their real value, since it is market determined. But I guess value is also subjective. That's not their value to me. I'll just go look at my rare 22 Diamondback that's now appearently worth about a grand! It's a /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif world!

·
Registered
4,648 Posts

Wholly F---.
What is the Colt World coming to ?
It takes 2 to tango and there was a handful of bidders, not just 2 bidding those up way into the 1000's.
All I can say is.... WOW !!!

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have a pair of BOA's New in the box that have never been even touched or out of the plastic. Maybe its time to sell.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

Jon76,

Sit on it!!!

Don't let them out of your site!

If this auction indeed was closed on $8K+, that means prices went up about 3 times since the last couple went for auction, about 4 months ago.

Hang on to them for a couple of years more and they might buy you a new car! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

·
Registered
2,350 Posts

About a year ago one of the paired Boa sets was on Gunbroker with a start bid of 3200.00 and he couldn't get any takers. A single Boa that had been fired and had some dings, no box or papers, sold on gunbroker a few days ago for 2925.00. Auction item #44788555. A single 4 inch NIB Boa closed on gunbroker a few weeks ago for 3501.00 and did not meet the reserve! Auction item #43834068.
Evidently, the "snake set" collectors are creating the insane market for Colt Boas and have some very deep pockets.
I have two of the 4 inch Boas, both NIB, and sure didn't pay that much for either of them. My hope is to someday stumble across someone willing to trade a 6 inch Boa of equally new condition, for one of the 4 inch Boas. They don't eat anything, or take up a lot of space, so I'll just wait until I find the trade I want. There is no way I would venture into the Boa market to buy/sell, as it is now.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
If this auction indeed was closed on $8K+, that means prices went up about 3 times since the last couple went for auction, about 4 months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy smoke. Excuse me while I pick my eyeballs up off the floor.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

I don't know which auctionsite had them but the closing bit was somewhere around $2.5k. It was either on GB or AA. Judging from Ohiobuckeye's reply, that was a good bargain! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

·
Registered
794 Posts

I wonder if Boa prices are peaking or if they will continue to climb? For that kind of money I can see a lot of people losing interest.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Was browsing through Boa threads and came across this one. It's funny to see people talk years ago about how expensive something is getting and speculate it can't go much higher. Fast forward almost six years later and now look at the prices!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts