Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i am trying to find a parts list for my 1911 colt combat elite defender 3 inch, 9mm.

Looking for a complete recoil spring assembly with both springs on it.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Colt has them for sale. Also they can be found periodically on Ebay. As an alternative if you still have the original system in your pistol and want new springs for it....Wolfe sells the springs separately and you can just assemble them onto the original system. It's a bit tricky to take apart and reassemble but it can be done if you are careful. The C clip on the end comes off and release the pressure carefully so that the parts don't fly off. I've done it several times.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Colt has them for sale. Also they can be found periodically on Ebay. As an alternative if you still have the original system in your pistol and want new springs for it....Wolfe sells the springs separately and you can just assemble them onto the original system. It's a bit tricky to take apart and reassemble but it can be done if you are careful. The C clip on the end comes off and release the pressure carefully so that the parts don't fly off. I've done it several times.
Where on colt website or from Colt are they selling ?I can’t find the complete recoil spring assembly.

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
Look for a recoil assembly from Kimber...it's superior to the one Colt was equipping with Defenders until somewhat recently. Colt now equips the Defender with an identical recoil assembly.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
You might want to call Colt on the phone. You could also check with Brownells. I have seen them new on Ebay under Colt Parts.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
It's apparently "new" and the outfit selling it gets all their stuff from Colt. If you want one, take their word for it and try it. If not keep looking. I suspect they are all the same except for outer spring but I could be wrong. I have all three calibers and they seem to be interchangable to me.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts