Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want a Model 357 as Pythons are just too rich for my blood. I may have found a decent entry level Model 357, i.e. good price, decent condition, but it is missing the knob at the end of the ejector. So my question is two fold:

1) In general, how hard is it to obtain parts for these older Colts?

2) In particular, would the ejector knob be a tough score?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
this came up not long ago, if i remember jack first gun parts has them..i dont have their contact info but a google search should put you in business. the 357 is a very robust gun with a smooth action and only lacks the pythons finess. however life is way too short and everyone should own 1 python so....... good luck /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,693 Posts
As some help on Colt parts:

The 357 uses the same general parts as all the post-war Colt mid-frame revolvers like the original Trooper, Officer's Models Match, Official Police, and Python.

In other words, you don't have to try to find an ejector rod head specifically for the 357. ALL the listed Colt's used the same head, so any will fit.

Most places list most parts under either Official Police or Python now days.

You will rarely find ANY parts listed for the actual 357 model.

As above, apparently, Jack First Gun Parts have late model rod heads.
Be sure to tell them you need one for a post-1950 Colt.

http://www.jackfirstgun.com

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks dfariswheel. I hoped you'd chime in on this one.

On first "discovering" the Model 357, I came here and did some searches to get a general idea about the quality, etc. of these neat looking revolvers. It was your descriptions of these pieces and their "python" inards that got me hooked.

Thanks,
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts