Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THE LOCAL GUN SHOW THAT IS HELD ABOUT EVERY 2 TO 3 MONTHS IS IN TOWN THIS WEEKEND. MY UNCLE (TODAY IS HIS 57TH BIRTHDAY) DECIDED TO DO SOME PRICE CHECKING FOR A SINGLE ACTION 22 REVOLVER AND ASKED ME TO COME ALONG AS I HAVE PURCHASED AT LEAST ONE BEFORE:cool: HE QUICKLY NOTICED THE PRICES ARE KEEPING UP WITH THE TIMES.

THERE WERE A FEW COLTS BUT NOT MANY.. A .22 NEW FRONTIER CAUGHT MY EYE . 6" BARREL. I LOOKED IT OVER WITH ANOTHER FRIENDLY FELLOW ALSO LOOKING AND LISTENING. ASKING $550 +8% TAX. GOOD SHAPE BUT I PASSED. I POINTED OUT THE MISSING MAG CYLINDER (AND CYLINDER BOX) AS IT HAD A MAGNUM BARREL, NO PAPERWORK, .. 2 PIECE TAN BOX WAS A TESTAMENT TO WHAT SCOTCH TAPE COULD DO.. AND FAKE LABEL OF COURSE.
THE SELLER LOOKED AT ME AND SAID "UH.. YOU ARE A COLT FORUM MEMBER AREN'T YOU! " JOKING.. I just got the blank stare and he started talking to the stranger next to me. The stranger that listening to what I told him about the gun and then did buy it. It was the only single action Colt in the place.
I guess the price wasn't too off queue, but I want all the original extras now and it is obtainable thanks to the Forum members that have sold me some fine guns for very good prices.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Reminds me of my last gun show.A seller was claming to be selling a Bankers Special that is "all original."I took 1 look and said You may be misinformed but this gun has been reblued,it is not original.He barked"How can you tell?".I said if you have a few minutes I will happily show you.He pulled up a chair and school was in session.In the end he thanked me and said"Should have known better than to call out a guy wearing a Colt Tee Shirt @ a gun show."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts