Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poking around FB yesterday and a post from a local pawn shop pops up with a series 70 colt, just in.

I know the owner so i message him and ask him to tell me more about it. He quotes a price and I say I'll take it.

I go to the shop to fill out the paperwork and he takes $50 of the price without my asking, so I'm $800 out the door for this nice looking Colt 1911 Government Model.

Robert

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
That Model Colt was selling for over 1K on GunBroker. I considered buying one in .38 Super because I like the "Classic" rollmarks.
You did good.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
That is the kind of deal that distracts me whilst on a separate but similar mission.
I must remained focused and resolute.......
otherwise the mission may suffer, or at the very least, encounter delay.
But for $800? I reckon the mission could handle it.
Nice pistol, great bargain.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is the kind of deal that distracts me whilst on a separate but similar mission.
I must remained focused and resolute.......
otherwise the mission may suffer, or at the very least, encounter delay.
But for $800? I reckon the mission could handle it.
Nice pistol, great bargain.
I was not in the market, nor was I looking for another 1911....I have a WWII Remington Rand, a Remington R1, and The very nice Series 70 pictured here, that I bought 10 years ago....my collecting is mostly Smith & Wessons, but I am astute enough to recognize a good deal when I see one, and a 1911 is always a welcome addition..

Robert

·
Registered
11,794 Posts
Nice gun! You got it for a "wholesale" price.. Makes you wonder what the Pawnshop paid for it.
I'd be very surprised if the pawn shop has as much as $500 in it. They could have bought it in a group of guns or singly from someone who simply wanted quick cash for it.

·
Premium Member
8,077 Posts
6 years ago, a pawn shop or gun shop might have a few bucks tied up in a gun sitting and waiting for it to find its new home to come along.
Not at the moment ! shops should be wearing a grin when a Colt walks in currently. I’ve seen a case full of 20 to 30 Colt 1911 style Colts that just slept there for years and years and became old stock . .. and I’ve watched those guns dwindle away and disappear to new homes over the last year . Demand caught up to the price tag…
even the Agent and the FrankenColts said adios.

·
Registered
850 Posts
What a great score!

Reactions: raljr1
1 - 20 of 29 Posts