Colt Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
nice!! $800 is a great price, I also like the "new" old roll marks that Colt has gone back to, the 80's series were fugly IMHO and the Centennial roll marks were just hideous

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow, I think you got a great price.. I have a Colt Series 70, and my neighbors son in law has offered me 1200 for it, Normally I would have sold it for that but the truth is this Colt 45 and my Colt 9mm Luger are both guns that I got from my dad who passed away in 1984, so they're not going anywhere anytime soon. I'm sure I'll let them go someday, just not right now.
Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood stain
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had to rush into my gun room, open one of the safes and make sure yhbbbbbou did not purchase my Government model…..mine was given me as a Christmas present some years ago by my best buddy. For some reason it is often left in the safe when WWI and II as well as other 1911 clones are taken to the range for a noisy outing.

·
Registered
552 Posts
That looks like a great score, congratulations. It's been a couple of years now since I saw a Colt Government Model for that price.

·
Registered
191 Posts
We older generation collectors appreciate the beauty of a piece like this more than younger shooters do. They just look so nice! Great price! Must have been a nice friend to drop the price an additional $50 without asking.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts