Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a Peacekeeper .357 (4", matte finish) in the case at a local shop. It comes with a cheap holster but no box or papers. The gun looks to be hardly fired.

Is this gun worth the $285 asking price?

·
Registered
715 Posts
I say "why not?" I have a 6" Peacekeeper and it's a fun gun to shoot. At $285, I think the price is right too.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I would say HELL YEAH at that price! I paid $300 for my 6" Peacekeeper, and I thought that was a good price. If the condition is as good as you describe, $285 is a steal! It was the second 6" I've run into. I passed up the first one, so I said I wasn't passing up a second chance. Mine looked to be unfired when I got it. It didn't come with box or papers, but I found a Colt case for it for only $5. I have heard of the 4" version, but I have never seen even a picture of one! Buy it now, and then show us some pics! You will LOVE it. I know some people put down the MkVs because they aren't Pythons, but my Peacekeeper is the only DA Colt I have that I will sit down with and shoot in the DA mode all day long. The double action is that good! Here's a pic of mine to further persuade you. BTW, you didn't say if it has original grips. The orignals are the ones pictured on mine.

·
Registered
365 Posts
BUY IT! here in my part of the conuty you don't see to many Peacekeeper.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
What Frank Said! They're hard to find around here, and $285 for almost any colt in near new condition is a gift.
Lots of us would gladly take it off your hands for $285 so the chance of you losing any money is nill.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Sometimes it's hard to resist the temptation of buying a gun that you like and want for a price that could stretch your financial position to a certain limit.

However: letting this one go for the condition it's in (being as you described hardly used) and for the price tag it has can only be reffered to as a BIG mistake!

It's still a Colt. And there's only one way for Colt prices to go at this day: up!
And for less then $300, you can't go wrong.
Post some pictures when you get her!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Posted 9-25-06
Well, I finally picked up my new Peacekeeper last week (buying a handgun take time in New York). I took it to the range on Saturday and shot up a box of wadcutters and a handful of magnum reloads. Fantastic! She's a keeper. Thanks for your help, guys. (Sorry no pictures).

·
Registered
635 Posts
I was searching for information on the Peacekeeper, as I ran across a 4" copy at my dealer today. Asking price was $400. No box or papers, looks like it was fired very little.
Great looking work gun, 3Ts and a nice feel to the action as well.
For a gun that's not on the CA approved list, it's certainly a deal in this state.
Mike

·
Premium Member
6,135 Posts
20 years ago, that is about what that gun retailed for. I have the ad somewhere talking about that Colt and all its features for under $300. It is what a true rugged and servicable gun should be.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I have 3 Trooper Mark V's. Which is the same gun with a different finish. Very durable, accurate and fun to shoot. I'd buy it at that price. You won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Thanks guys. I think I can't go wrong.
I like the feel of the 4" barrel, has a good hefty feel and balance.
Mike

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mickey - I've taken my Peacekeeper to the range several times since buying it back in September. The Peacekeeper is a fantastic gun. One of my favorite shooting Colts.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Could you imagine what a great deal they would have been if Colt had put a Python barrel on it like the Boa and marketed it as a Police Python?

·
Registered
635 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Mickey - I've taken my Peacekeeper to the range several times since buying it back in September. The Peacekeeper is a fantastic gun. One of my favorite shooting Colts.

[/ QUOTE ]
DBacker, I see in the thread above you aquired a 4"er also. How does the trigger pull feel? Balance?
I bought the one I was looking at, now have to weight the 15 days required by CA before pickup.
Mike

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mickey - the DA trigger on my Peacekeeper is not "Python-smooth" but it is certainly adequate. It is much like the Anaconda's trigger. Most of my shooting is single-action and the SA pull is excellent.

The balance is great. 4" is the perfect size for the V-frame gun, IMO.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Well here's she is, in celebration of Cinco de Mayo, my new addition. 4" Colt Peacekeeper.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
A great looking gun, you've done well.
It looks like the evil twin of my nickel Trooper Mark V.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Hey Mike, looks nice! Sorta looks like a WWII Commando finish. It's a large, hulking .357 Magnum revolver. Should be pleasant to shoot in extended sessions of practice with full-power loads.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts