Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Premium Member
You will want to replace that and used ones are available. It's not a porous metal and does not blue like a barrel or cylinder does, which is made out of steel. You can buy unfinished ones, then you will have to put a finish on it, which from what I've recently seen posted, people paint a bake on type of paint finish.Or you can look and find a used replacement in better shape. Prices will vary from around $75 and up depending on condition. Look to ebay, gunbroker, and post in the WTB section. Some members might have a spare they will sell you. As far as repair of old one, it depends on where the break is, but I wouldn't think it would look too good whatever you do to mend the break. WWYS

Premium Member
The original grip frame for a Peacemaker .22 or New Frontier .22 should be very dark blue or almost black. The ones I have seen from GunParts Corp. are much lighter in color.

- - -- Buckspen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.