Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Registered
Wwys,Nice find. This past week I also found the peacemaker I have been looking for. 6" Nib from the original owner. He wanted $800' We ended up at $750. I felt that was no deal, but the price didn't really matter, I wanted it. The point of interest is that this guy had 6 guns. 3 new frontiers, three peacemakers. In there was a 4 and whatever inch peacemaker for $900. I only bought the 6 inch, but then 3 days later went back for the short barrel gun. All five remaining guns were now sold. I guess that means that prices were fair.Fuzzy.

Registered
Wwys,Nice find. This past week I also found the peacemaker I have been looking for. 6" Nib from the original owner. He wanted $800' We ended up at $750. I felt that was no deal, but the price didn't really matter, I wanted it. The point of interest is that this guy had 6 guns. 3 new frontiers, three peacemakers. In there was a 4 and whatever inch peacemaker for $900. I only bought the 6 inch, but then 3 days later went back for the short barrel gun. All five remaining guns were now sold. I guess that means that prices were fair.Fuzzy.
Fuzzy,

Cool, was the shorty a 4.4", even with the end of the ejector housing or the 4.75"?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fuzzy you did well with your purchase price. NIB complete package 22 peacemakers are 850 and up in my opinion. The new frontiers are not quite as expensive as the peacemakers, but totally perfect guns always bring a premium. Honda asks about the short barrel length because the 4.4" barrel length usually brings more money than longer lengths, but the 4 3/4" length is the most rare and sought after as Colt only made the peacemaker 22 in the 4 3/4" barrel for one year in 1971, then near the end of that year switched to the slightly shorter 4.4" for the remaining years of production. So the 4 3/4" is a rare bird and price will be determined by desire, bank accounts and testosterone if its at auction situation.

Registered
Thanks again for the responses. Sorry I am late to get back. Later in the day, after the purchase, I came home to study up a bit and at that time learned about the two different short barrels, something I new nothing of before. I wish I could tell you what it is but my limited knowledge told me that if it is shorter than a 5.5 inch barrel (thinking that peacemakers are like single action armys. I know better now) then it must be a 4 5/8's. I only have one other Colt .22 and that is a Frontier Scout. I knew that color case hardening made it s steel frame gun, but again, that was the extent of my knowledge. BTW the 4 incher I missed was $900. Oh well, I will know better next time thanks to you guys and the book that just arrived by Don Wilkerson.

Man, I could talk Colts all night, fuzzy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.