Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to Colt and this Forum. I have seen a used Peacemaker in 9mm in a gun shop. Does anyone own one? How does it function and worth $399 ? Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by anthonyfung:
Hi, I'm new to Colt and this Forum. I have seen a used Peacemaker in 9mm in a gun shop. Does anyone own one? How does it function and worth $399 ? Any advice is appreciated.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi, Welcome to the Forum! I don't remember Colt making any wide scale production of 9mm single actions... Considering the price and calibler, is it possible that this one is a Ruger, or maybe one of the italian replicas? Ruger did make 9mm cylinders for there .357 Blackhawk models. The 9mm cylinder is bored so the cartridge case rests on a shoulder cut into the chamber. This shoulder holds the cartridge in place so that when the primer is hit by the firing pin on the hammer, it fires. If this is a real Colt and not a replica or other brand single action, it would be a really good price if it is in good condition. Look closely on the barrel for other gun makers names... Hope this helps! Bob Best

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,884 Posts
In 1991, Colt re-introduced the Single Action as a regular production gun.

That year, Colt offered several new, (and very limited) models.

Included were a "U.S. Model" .45 ACP in full Royal blue with Grade A engraving and walnut grips, and a "European Model" 9mm, in full nickel plate with Germanic-style engraving, and Rosewood grips.
These were both available in 4 3/4", 5 1/2", and 7 1/2" barrels.

If this is one of those limited run 9mm's, that price would be a real steal, DEPENDING ON CONDITION.

It's POSSIBLE Colt also made the Single Action 9mm in standard finishes during this time, but I can find no listings for one.

In any event, be SURE what you're buying.
A real Colt will be so marked on the barrel, and will have the Colt Pony on the frame.

[This message has been edited by dfariswheel (edited 06-13-2004).]

[This message has been edited by dfariswheel (edited 06-13-2004).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts