Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I bought a Colt .22LR/.22WMR revolver today.
On the barrell is stamped Peacemaker Buntline .22
In my little identification book on Colts it listsNew Frontier Buntline .22 and Peacemaker .22.
But no Peacemaker Buntlines.
The barrell is around 7 inches.
What do I have?

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,895 Posts
Most gun value books never seem to get EVERY gun model and variation listed.

The steel-framed Colt .22 Single Action was made in two basic versions: The adjustable sight New Frontier and the fixed sight Peacemaker.

The Peacemaker Buntline .22 is simply a longer barreled Peacemaker, so most sources don't bother to have a separate listing for it.

In fact, most gun value books simply list these as the New Frontier and Peacemaker .22, and list the various barrel lengths available without mentioning the Buntline at all.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by merc:
Hi guys
I bought a Colt .22LR/.22WMR revolver today.
On the barrell is stamped Peacemaker Buntline .22
In my little identification book on Colts it listsNew Frontier Buntline .22 and Peacemaker .22.
But no Peacemaker Buntlines.
The barrell is around 7 inches.
What do I have?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you have a "little identification book" that needs more detail! Check out "Colt's SAA Post War Models" by George Garton, Pages 155 - 157. Looks like this is a "G" frame Colt you are describing. Production started in 1970 at s/n G10001. (There were some "L" prefix s/n's as well) Markings on the 7 1/2 inch barrel are "PEACEMAKER BUNTLINE - .22" Hope that helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts