Colt Forum banner

Pearls! Does anyone like Pearls!

3K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  chad45 
#1 ·
Installed on my Pre-War Detective Special to check the fit. Now I need a Post 1926 Police Positive Target in Nickel for them! Oh well, I can dream! Actually any Nickel Prewar D frame will do! They are about as colorful and vibrant as any pearls I have ever seen!

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
Metal Fashion accessory
Metal Fashion accessory
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Gun accessory

My new to me 1919 M1903 came with pearls which really set the pistol off. I ordered and received some NC Ordinance reproduction molded so that I can shoot without worrying about chipping or cracking these old girls as they are intact thus far. Your DS looks all dressed up with the pearls on her :)

#10 ·

:bang_wall: I read all the time about "don't shoot your gun with the MOP grips on it, they may break" "MOP grips are so fragile that you shouldn't shoot the gun with them on it":mad:

Apparently someone forgot to tell the Texas Rangers about this as several of them had MOP grips on their SAA's and they were not known for "babying" their firearms! :confused: I have had MOP grips on a lot of pistols, including ones that I shot regularly. The only time I ever saw a grip get chipped was when my teen age son dropped the gun on its butt on a cement driveway!:(

#11 ·
Does anyone like Pearls?
Why would anyone use pearl as a stock material?! With all the ugly natural character, color contrast, and depth the material has? I have a set I threw on my primary carry weapon (Late 50's Cobra) to save the original stocks from wear. I've knocked the damn ugly things into more door jams and car doors than I can count and the damn things won't die. :rolleyes:

I am being sarcastic, I love pearl and think it gets a very bad wrap.

#19 ·
Installed on my Pre-War Detective Special to check the fit. Now I need a Post 1926 Police Positive Target in Nickel for them! Oh well, I can dream! Actually any Nickel Prewar D frame will do! They are about as colorful and vibrant as any pearls I have ever seen!

View attachment 23312 View attachment 23313 View attachment 23314 View attachment 23315 View attachment 23316
Nice looking and thanks for sharing. You mention a nickel Police Positive Target. Has anyone ever seen one? They do exist and I know of two but they are very rare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.