Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here with a collecting background ever hear of Mormon-made Colt percussion revolver copies in Utah in the late 1850s?
Any help or info appreciated.
Thanks.
Denis

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
This is way out of my area, but I did some searching out of curiosity but came up with nothing clearly relevant. You have probably done the same. Any more clues? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thing that started the question was sketchy info about the Mormons producing large numbers of Colt copies in about 1857. I've found references to 20 a week, and 500 a week (obviously impossible), and a Utah Colt Collector's Association member has said he heard of some limited Dragoon copies, but no further leads.
I was hoping somebody here might have info.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Just doing some Googling disclosed ties between Mormon and Colt. I've been absent a couple of days but wil give it another whirl in case my searches have different results from yours. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, I googled, too, but got no specific info on models, quantities, or any currently in existance.
Was hoping somebody here might have one or have a lead to one.
Denis

·
Registered
108 Posts
Going after everything including Antique guns which they don't quite undertand, anything before 1898 is considered a non gun and because of it not being considered in the gun class can be shipped w/o declaration. t's going to be a bumpy ride and better get those donations into the NRA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts