Colt Forum banner

Perhaps the most perfect Series 70 Colts I have ever seen (or heard of)!

3K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  lboos 
#1 ·
The Nighthawk Custom Colt Series 70!

A list of what they do to these:

• Finish: Smoked Nitride
  • Government size frame and 5" barrel
  • Fully machined retro rear sight
  • Solid gold bead front sight
  • Full reliability enhancement and action tune
  • Fully Machined disconnector, sear, hammer strut, pin
  • Fit and blended NH beavertail grip safety
  • NH flat mainspring housing with vertical serrations
  • NH match grade barrel bushing
  • Fully machined retro hammer
  • French border
  • Nighthawk Custom engraved in script on dust cover
  • Vertical serrations on front strap and mainspring housing
  • Crowned barrel flush with bushing
  • NH match grade, solid short trigger
  • Nighthawk Custom engraved in script on dust cover
  • Completely dehorned for comfortable carry
  • Ultra hi-cut front strap
It's like they took the classic lines of the old school Colt and evolved it into a functional powerhouse!!!

Just amazing to behold!

See less See more
#16 ·
Head over to 1911addicts! If you've never visited there, it's a great bunch of guys. They're immersed in custom and semi-custom 1911s, like the two you just bought. They'll talk about French borders, flush and crowned barrels, and 1911s guaranteed to shoot 1.5" at 50 yards. They also have a sub-forum dedicated to just NHC.

Best,
C

#13 ·
Okay, I'm gonna say it. Please understand that I know there's a chair for every butt and I truly don't want to step on any toes but this ain't my chair. It seems to be a half-hearted attempt at some sort of a semi-recreation aka a contrived collectable. The Smoked Nitride finish is another word for sub-standard finish. French border and Completely dehorned are weasel words for "we don't have the skill or time to polish this the way it should be." This isn't unprecedented, the "Dual Tone" finish was a cost/time cutting measure and who can forget the new post-war finish. $2600.00? I'll pass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.