Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nephew in Philadelphia.

I live in Florida.

He and I have always kept in touch and he is a correct person as I perceive it.

He has always expressed an interest in the shooting sports, guns in general.

I looked generally into the laws and it seems apparent that he is qualified to legally acquire and possess a pistol.

So, this brings me to this. I have decided that I should share something entry level for him to learn to shoot, and take care of a pistol. I have a couple of Woodsman's and would like to find out if anyone feels strongly about any of the gun dealers, esp. with a range, esp. who would take interest in nurturing a new shooter. Obviously I, who is the most qualified in the entire universe, can't teach him gun safety and marksmanship so I'd like to find someone who is known to do this.

I appreciate any input.

Happy NewYear

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
It's so very important to get young people involved in the shooting sports and the hobby. I would hold the Woodsman until later and, for many reasons, consider any of the Colt .22 single actions.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
A little Frontier Scout may be the ticket. A nice small, single action revolver to start with, where loading and unloading take a little time and attention. Perfect for building up good overall gun skills and handling. Too bad you can't be there to help or take the reigns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts