Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
7,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Philippine \"Colt\" 1911A1

A friend in the Army recently sent me these photos of a pistol carried by a member of the Philippine military . It's a local made gun "diguised" as a Colt . Thought you might find it interesting .

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Re: Philippine \"Colt\" 1911A1

Hmmm...looks very much like the Rock Island a friend of mine purchased recently. Edges and finish are much the same. It rather screams "copy" doesn't it?

What's for dinner there? Pork chops?

·
Administrator
7,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

GRAPHIC PHOTO BELOW > NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH !

[ QUOTE ]

What's for dinner there? Pork chops?

[/ QUOTE ]

You pegged it ... and look what he's done to the Strider knife I loaned him a few years back . /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That's not him in the photo above . Here he is in the center below .

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

Makes sense to me!

Chopping up a pigs leg with a 1911 would not only make things really messy, you would go hungry!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
39 Posts

Where's the graphic photo? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I imagine most of the guys that post/lurk here have seen (or possibly done) worse! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif When those Rock Island .45s from the Phillipines first showed up over here a local gunshop owner/gunsmith told he had sold a couple of them and both had come back with various parts badly battered after only 200-300 rounds through them. Wonder if quality has improved since the first batch as I have'nt heard anything bad about them since. Was'nt too impressed with the fit and finish of the first one I saw.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts

A friend purchased a Rock Island towards the end of June this year and has been shooting the hooey out of it. I've been interested in observing its reliability and durability. To this point it exhibits good materials and workmanship. Upon field stripping, it shows far fewer tool marks than my circa March 1918 Colt 1911. It possesses a really good trigger and is quite accurate. Scares my Series 70 Gold Cup.

·
Registered
562 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Where's the graphic photo?...

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy...it's that cheesy nylon holster being used for a nice gun.

·
Administrator
7,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Actualy , the cheesy holster might be fitting for a rusty Colt copy /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The local soldiers don't have much of a budget . As they're working with our boys , I recently sent over a box of misc 1911 "stuff" {take off 1911 rubber grips & magazines , etc } , to my friend to give ... or trade to them(last box I sent he traded some Chef Boyardee for a 40 LB tuna /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts