Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up another Bisley at the big Crossroads of the West gun show last weekend.
It's chambered for .38-40 and lettered to George Tritch Hardware Company, Denver, Colorado February 6, 1903.
These nice .38-40 Bisleys seem to be coming out of the woodwork lately.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory
Revolver Trigger Font Gun barrel Material property
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

·
Premium Member
6,178 Posts
Simply wow. While SAA production continues today, essentially the only way to get a Colt Bisley is to buy an original. So in a sense the ratio of Bisley/SAA production gets more narrow as time goes on. It’s only a matter of time before similar condition bisleys could surpass SAA pricing. Just my .02.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Many years ago it was inferred in the Blue Book of Gun Values and other publications that Bisleys were worth less than standard SAA's of the same vintage. So has it been. Re tweeted and re tweeted. Same for Long Flutes.
I've never heard that regarding long flutes. The ones I've seen sold have gone for more than comparable standard first generation SAAs.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Simply wow. While SAA production continues today, essentially the only way to get a Colt Bisley is to buy an original. So in a sense the ratio of Bisley/SAA production gets more narrow as time goes on. It’s only a matter of time before similar condition bisleys could surpass SAA pricing. Just my .02.
If we get real lucky CZ will step up and satisfy our needs 😜

·
Premium Member
4,920 Posts
WOW. Beautiful Bisley. Great find. And thanks for sharing it with us Colt/Bisley Addicts. 😎

·
Premium Member
20,941 Posts
WOW. Beautiful Bisley. Great find. And thanks for sharing it with us Colt/Bisley Addicts. 😎
I know there are some members who do not feel the Bisley's are 'on the rise,' but these high condition ones and those
of scarce caliber/configuration are certainly receiving lots of praise and interest from our members.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Picked up another Bisley at the big Crossroads of the West gun show last weekend.
It's chambered for .38-40 and lettered to George Tritch Hardware Company, Denver, Colorado February 6, 1903.
These nice .38-40 Bisleys seem to be coming out of the woodwork lately. View attachment 751023 View attachment 751024 View attachment 751025
Your post just reminded me that there is one for sale similar to yours here in Gettysburg also 38wcf. $3500 IIRC.

·
Premium Member
4,920 Posts
I know there are some members who do not feel the Bisley's are 'on the rise,' but these high condition ones and those
of scarce caliber/configuration are certainly receiving lots of praise and interest from our members.
Agree ^^^^^

Reactions: 2horses
1 - 20 of 26 Posts