Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's givin' 'em! That's what I want to know! I have never seen so many proffessional looking photos....ever! Of guns anyway. Darn...I'm gonna have to get a better camera and practice!

·
Registered
61 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Who's givin' 'em! That's what I want to know! I have never seen so many proffessional looking photos....ever! Of guns anyway. Darn...I'm gonna have to get a better camera and practice!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to prove that you aren't the only non-professional posting photos on this forum:

I'm just lucky I can even POST photos at all...

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

·
Registered
810 Posts
You can buy a good digital camera for under $200 , along with a tripod($19.95) and and make the proper "settings" for e-mail work, load the software into your computer and "practice" , you can't screw up cause you can "erase" ALL the bad pictures! Load 'em into the computer, view them , keep the ones you like and put them in a "folder". get an internet 'hosting' service , like 'Photobucket' and they will store and then you can "upload or download" to your hearts content.
Kepp a simple background, soft colors , I like the grey like Don used also for his 'Python' ( nice shot Don!)
and "voila, they can look like this ...............

I am NO pro , can't even type well and get all screwed up on these damn computers.

The camera I have is a 'Fuji' and it cost today like $149 at Sam's Club and the tripod I got on sale at Van's camera shop for $19.95, small extendable legs. I use my pool table light ,along with two soft white 40 watt floods set on each side in small table lamps cost about $25 for the pair. This gives "cross lighting" reduces the shadows. The cloth background got at the fabric store, grey, one yard of material cost $3.99.
Go to it and have "fun". /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
329 Posts
I agree -use an even, non -distracting background--and let's face it -the pics are good because we just like looking at them and wanting more ,more ,more............

·
Registered
72 Posts
FWIW:
I use an even simpler system of bright daylight (not direct sunlight) in a large east-facing window, middle gray background paper, and a piece of white poster board (the kind with a thin center layer of styrofoam) to reflect light on the shadows made by this mono-directional light source.
A tripod is important to hold the camera steady.

JT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts