Colt Forum banner

581 - 600 of 1495 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
1863 New Model Sharps .52 Carbine & Starr Model 1863 .44. As an aside, the 7th Indiana was armed with Merrills, IIRC not the Sharps, but I needed a prop........the New Testament is signed and dated (1863), Brook Station Va. by a soldier in Co. E, 107th (or 109th, hard to make out) Ohio Volunteer Infantry.....

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Thank you for the kind words but there are a number of you guys that easily qualify for that compliment. All of your contributions to this thread are well worth the look and are very creative and often stunning.

Here are a couple of more contributions.

1st Richards Original Factory Conversion:

A couple of magnums, a S&W Model 53 in 22 Remington Jet and a new unfired Winchester Mod 61 in 22 Magnum;

A 2nd Gen SAA in 45 Cal;

and an Artillery.

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #594
Thank you for the kind words but there are a number of you guys that easily qualify for that compliment. All of your contributions to this thread are well worth the look and are very creative and often stunning.
Spoken like a true gentleman! I swear though, between you, Chaffee and several other participants in this thread, you could open up a museum of Colt's, Artifacts and Nostalgia! Nicely done everyone! :cool:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Great stuff!

Mr. Rush, I purely ENVY you that .32-20 Beesley. And I do love those Marble's knives, too.

The Win 61M IS a great looking rifle. Unfortunately mine doesn't shoot nearly as good as it looks. And it's never shot .22 WRM very well; it is most accurate with .22 WRF for some reason.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Colt-SL's last entry, with the Ringo WANTED POSTER, caused me to remember this display. A friend, now passed, gave me some old hand sawn Cypress wood and I made the case with it. The same friend was also doing leaded glass and he made me the glass cover made with leaded seams. The gun is a "Mexican" copy in .38-40 with vintage holster. I added the wanted posters; spur; horseshoe; Pesos and cartridges to make the display. It has been hanging on my wall for many years. Thanks.

581 - 600 of 1495 Posts