Colt Forum banner
841 - 860 of 875 Posts

·
Registered
9,857 Posts
Updated images of my Ruger Bisley Vaquero with the genuine American Bison Horn Stocks I purchased a few months ago...

American Bison

Gun Specifications
Type:OM ( Original Model ) Revolver
Produced:1993 - 2004
Caliber:.357 S&W Magnum / .38 S&W Special
Action:Revolving Chamber
Trigger:Single Action (SA)
Safety:Trigger Activated Transfer Bar
Capacity:6 Rounds
Frame:Stainless Steel
Grip:Genuine Bison Horn
Sights:Fixed Blade Front ~ Trough Rear
Notes:Circa 2004 ~ Last Year of Super Blackhawk Frame

·
The Consummate Collector
7,349 Posts
Guns and props - some treasured family heirlooms:

This diminutive Webley WP in caliber .320 (practically the same as the Colt 32 DA revolver round) left the Birmingham factory for retailing by Messrs Tozer, Kemsley and Fisher Ltd of Fenchurch Street, London, England on October 7, 1912. The price was 48 shillings and 3 shillings for the holster. There were 20 shillings to the pound sterling. This combo was often used in WW1 by British officers as a back up for their huge Webley .455 revolvers.

The cannon was hand-made by my grandpa (who owned a stone mill in Derbyshire, England) at about the same time and was modelled on a French Napoleonic field gun.

The solid gold "gentlemen's accoutrements" were what they would have used at that time.

Hope you enjoy!
I just love that cased Webley.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,349 Posts
Pictured: Grandpa when serving as an Army Airman in WW1, along with postcards from Kelly Field that he wrote on the back of each one.
A Spitfire compass (I know they didn't have spitfires in WW1.. ;) ) and my Colt 1911 made in 1916.
All sitting on top of a B-17 Pilot's Album book.

The "Jenny" is what Grandpa trained in. The war ended before he was deployed overseas so he returned home after service, saved up his money working and went to college at Nebraska and played for the Cornhuskers from 1922-1925. In 1923 they beat Knute Rockne's Fighting Irish in a classic, 14-7. And again in 1925.

When it comes to photo's this is one of my favorites. It's terrific that all of your Grandfathers items stayed together. What a treasure of wonderful memories. I have gone back and looked at this photo countless times. Thanks so much for sharing.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Great job skunk, I had to go look . Hey, shoe fits .....

Shooter , that does look Awesome , 357 is sharp & unique lookin .
Great choice on material, leaning that way myself .

Also , loved your issued 226 pics . Very impressive post , maybe you be like Clint or Harrison Ford in realistic 21c movies .yeah , n you say Mrs . Shooter the BA of the fam!

Rambling a lot, blanking blood after surgery this morning.
Let me find a pic for prop thread....... here’s a box prop
D7699221-25F4-423E-989B-75BA9553B2B7.jpeg

·
The Consummate Collector
7,349 Posts
Erik

The George Dickel distillery is located a couple hours south of me. We did a tour there and bought some of their Whisky a couple of years ago. The are not far from Jack Daniels and we did that tour as well. Both are worth seeing. Dickel offers a special blend that is only sold there as the amount made is limited.

I love the photo.

Cam.

841 - 860 of 875 Posts