Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked this up yesterday at my favorite LGS that always has nice consignment items. Price was $650 which as far as I can tell is well under book value as this is what I think a 98% gun looks like, two small nicks on the alloy frame and a bit of wear on the ejector rod. I was told its a 1964 but I haven't confirmed that.

Yellow Automotive exterior Auto part Wood Gun Firearm Revolver Starting pistol Airsoft gun Brown Wood Wood stain Table Cutting board

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
The pix are good-to-go now. I like what you have there, Rolex, and the price seems fair. I'm getting to be a softie for the Colt snubbies myself. Enjoy!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Great buy and if I am reading the S/N right on the box it is a 1956.
Both Colt's site and Proofhouse show it as a 1964, you've got to put an LW on the end of the SN. I just looked it up.

I just checked out S.E. Davis Co. that's on the price tag on the box. It's a pawn shop in Louisville that's been in business since 1936. Pretty cool little bit of history wrapped up in this piece. Would be cool to know if they were the original seller or not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
That should be a 50's revolver because my Agent came in that type of box and it was from the 50's.
From Colt's site:
1964"COBRA MODEL/AIRCREWMAN/COURIER/AGENT & VIPER ""LW"" SUFFIX IS FOUND BELOW SERIAL STAMP"
This is an approximate date. For a complete firearm history contact Colt's Archive Department.

·
Premium Member
3,035 Posts
I was reading the box as 53251 if the S/N is 153251 it is a 1964. What is the S/N when you open the cylinder? The box you picture was used until the mid 60's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts