Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Colt Cobra.jpg
Haven't bought a new Colt in a while but that all changed today. I like the looks and the feel of this gun. Not a fan of the way the stocks look but they do feel good in my hand. It is actually a bit heavier than I expected (not necessarily a bad thing). Kind of glad I waited until the prices went down to pick one up; plus, I was able to order a leather holster from Galco and just found out that VZ now has Cobra Stocks (Thanks, usmc-nav). Other than spending another $180, very happy. As soon as they come out with a more standard front site, I'll be set.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. I think you will enjoy the new Colt. I am from Louisiana but we came through your area last fall and enjoyed Pennsylvania, it is a beautiful part of the county.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Congrats on your purchase. I think you will enjoy the new Colt. I am from Louisiana but we came through your area last fall and enjoyed Pennsylvania, it is a beautiful part of the county.
Thanks, I once deployed with a Unit out of of Bellchase, LA, 3rd Battalion 23rd Marines.
One thing I'll never forget is the guys saying that us northerners think that if we put Cayenne pepper on it, its Cajun. Those boys sure could cook, didn't even matter that it was goat. hahahahahaha

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
11.19 range day.jpg
Today was revolver (mostly) range day. The new Cobra is okay for what it is, glad I have one but no wow factor for me. Two of the cylinders seemed a little tighter than the others. I had a heck of a time pushing out the brass on one occasion and one time the extractor went right over the lip on the brass, it might be the cheap ammo I used. When I put the better Remington ammo in it when I got home, nothing seem to stick. I'm going to hold off on any recommendation until I put another 50 through it with better ammo.

Attachments

Reactions: speedfrk73z

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
Congratulations on the new Colt, thanks for the photos of the other revolvers. The sun finally broke through this afternoon, but there is lots of water to dry up before I can shoot again on my range again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The new Cobra is an excellent revolver, the one I purchased has been very accurate and an excellent shooter. I hope you enjoy it, and congrats.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
574 Posts
View attachment 425178
Haven't bought a new Colt in a while but that all changed today. I like the looks and the feel of this gun. Not a fan of the way the stocks look but they do feel good in my hand. It is actually a bit heavier than I expected (not necessarily a bad thing). Kind of glad I waited until the prices went down to pick one up; plus, I was able to order a leather holster from Galco and just found out that VZ now has Cobra Stocks (Thanks, usmc-nav). Other than spending another $180, very happy. As soon as they come out with a more standard front site, I'll be set.
I see 158gr LSWC in your future. :)

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How long did it take to get those grips in? I ordered a set on the 11th and as far as im aware they havent shipped yet
It was fairly quick, I ordered on the 10th and had them around the 18th.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Do they need a stock frame pin. It’s not there on the Hogues.
No, not required. I'm not a revolver guy but I think I've owned some smiths that required them in the bottom of the frame. I took the grips off and looked, I don't even see where a frame pin would go. 2 big holes, one for the Hogue Attachment, and one for the center hole type grip.
Grip.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts