Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I strayed, but I think this one was worth it. Positively mint other than the faintest cylinder turn. I didn't realize it was a 1964 first year of production Model 57 until after I had bought it. Thought I'd post a couple pics:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
s/n: S2391xx

The guys on the Smith & Wesson forum told me it was a first year production. Your's obviously is also, being a bit lower s/n. Beautiful pistols.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Great gun! It is my favorite "big-boomer". I have several of its twins along with the recent Model 57 Mountain Gun. None of mine are first year production though.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Well, like I keep saying! They are still out there, and still will be in our lifetimes.

Super nice find. Doubt you will shoot it. Huh?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Beautiful "old" Smith!

.41 Magnum;a very flexible cartridge for us handloaders! Can make it "feel" like a mild mannered .44 or .45 when I am firing mild 210 lswcs @ 900 fps. out of my M-58(one of the many S&Ws "rejected" by buyers while it was being produced-NOW enjoying "cult status"-and ridiculous high prices!)-to 1400 fps jhps out of my 4" M-57,which is NOT a fun load to shoot more than 100 of a session!

Bud

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Nice looking M57. I have several M57s myself (S and N prefixes), but no first year models. I'm not sure but judging by the checkering area it looks like someone has swapped out the Cokes that should have come on it.

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
Nice catch,I own S 249505 which was shipped in July of 1964 and is also a six inch blue with Cokes. Hey, were not going to get in trouble for speaking S&W lingo here are we?

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, were not going to get in trouble for speaking S&W lingo here are we?

[/ QUOTE ] no you wont get in trouble, them s&w`s sure make a handsome paperweight /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif sorry but i just couldnt resist /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
323 Posts
Beautiful gun and also the case.
Great when you can pick up a complete package like that one!
Don

1 - 15 of 15 Posts