Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been in here for quite a while, since I bought my first Python last year. I was not really looking to buy another Python but my wife left me unsupervised again (her mistake) and this 2.5" Python came up for sale on a local gun board. I paid quite a bit for it, but since we are in enemy territory (West of Nevada) it is very difficult to find a Python for sale here. So after I get it home, I realize my mistake! This Python is WAY too nice to take out of the house with me when I go fishing or hiking, backpacking, etc. Now I need to find a stunt double for it :)

A few weeks later I was in a gun shop and I see this Lawman in the display case. I ask the owner about the price and he tells me it's on consignment and they want $500. Hmmm. I look it over and it is very pretty. I ask him if they will take $375 and he turns around, grabs a piece of paper and the phone and hands both to me and says "here, YOU call her, I don't want to deal with her". So I call the lady and she flat out says no to my offer and goes on and on about how she is the original owner and it hasn't even had a box of shells through it, etc... then she says "I told them I wouldn't take less than $450!!" that was all I needed to hear :)

I haven't taken any good photos yet, so here is one pic of the pair. The Python came with original grips but I put the Hogue on there to save the originals:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, very nice pair. $450 for that gun "West of Navada" is a steal. Congrats on two beautiful very hard to find Colts!!
Thanks Aircraftman. I'm not too far away from the "Evil Empire" :)

I just looked up the dates in the "Date of Birth" thread. The Python is a 1980 (K prefix under 10,000) and the Lawman is a 1981 (U suffix around 20,000) so they are pretty close in age.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
very nice pair. are you going to shoot them? i would. btw why are you setting the python grips aside? i don't understand why the grips are given safe queen status when the gun is used.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
very nice pair. are you going to shoot them? i would. btw why are you setting the python grips aside? i don't understand why the grips are given safe queen status when the gun is used.
I took the Lawman with me on a fishing trip a few weeks ago and fired 100 rds through it. It shoots very high, but once I figured out how low to aim, I was hitting a 3" steel target at 25 yds.

As for the grips, I have big hands and I had the rubber grips sitting here already so I swapped them out. The stock grips are very small and looked like they would be uncomfortable to shoot. Then I picked up the Lawman which has very similar grips and shot it and found they aren't uncomfortable at all so I may go back to the stock grips. Either way, the Python is just too nice to be banging around in my Jeep, so although it will get shot quite a bit, it will always be carried in a padded case and not holstered.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Darn nice pair, both are complementary to one another. If your not going to shoot the Python it presents better with it's original stocks, IMHO. Congrats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts