Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded a cz75 40 compact for this thing today. I had not heard of them previously. it is unfired in box with 5 mags. This has to be about the prettiest Ruger I have ever seen lol. Pics do not do it justice, I will try to take some natural light pics tomorrow;

The mauser came with an old school holster. It is tiny, and a 25 but it is unique and for <200 I couldn't go wrong imho

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I believe that is a Mauser M1934. I have a Mauser M1910 that is similar to that, and is the first handgun I ever shot. My late brother brought it home from WW II. At his death the gun went to my nephew, and shortly before he died, he gave the gun to me.

Bob Wright

Wow! I reflected on that gun, and realized I have five handguns in my accumulation that I got from men who have since died.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Bob Wright

Wow! I reflected on that gun, and realized I have five handguns in my accumulation that I got from men who have since died.

I'm not giving you anything! I might live forever! LOL

God Bless
Daryl

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Nice guns. I really like the Mauser. I'm attracted to old stuff (except women)

"Wow! I reflected on that gun, and realized I have five handguns in my accumulation that I got from men who have since died. "

I figure that I know more people below ground than above at this point.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I like the Mauser too. It is nice condition, and I may have to look up one of those myself. As far as the Ruger goes, well, I'm guessing Glock's patent ran out lol...
Sorry couldn't resist :p.

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
I've never heard of the Black Ice Ruger. It looks like a cross between a Glock and a Springfield XD. Pretty nice looking. You'll have to letus know how it shoots. I also like the Mauser - It appears to be in excellant shape and ought to be a good shooter also.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Very nice Rob. The Ruger must be a dealer special because I can't find it. Love the little guns as I collect them. I have a Mauser like yours, and it was a ladies' and she had a fittrd 'coin purse' type holster made for it. Ingenious. Thanks again!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've never heard of the Black Ice Ruger. It looks like a cross between a Glock and a Springfield XD.
Appears to be an ordinary SR9, but with a polished finish on the slide instead of the usual matte.

Amusing tidbit - all Ruger slides are stainless steel, and to make them black they have to go through extra processing. In spite of that the black guns are usually priced lower. Presumably customer perception is that two-tone guns should cost more because "Looky, stainless!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts