Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pistol is in excellent mechanical condition, looks like it was shot very little. However, due to improper storage, pitting developed at the end of the barrel underlug /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I have not had time to shoot it yet but I suspect it will be a great shooter. Any one else have one? How do you like yours.For the price I paid I'm happy.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I regret selling mine every time I shoot a lesser pistol. I got bored with it shooting out the center of the bull every time I took it to the range. What a dummy I was!
I replaced the grips with Combat Camp Perrys and they were well worth the price! Also, the factory provided a ramp front sight that didn't tear up my holster (no cost - great service back in 1972 when I bought it), and it made a great small game gun.
Let me know if you ever want to sell it...
Bruce

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a shame you sold your Woodsman, they are a great pistol. I don't think I'll make the same mistake any time soon.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a 2nd Series Sport Model. I do enjoy it.

It ain't as pretty as yours, though. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Brian

·
Registered
150 Posts
A third series Match Target in that condition with the original box is worth fairly serious money. If you got the outfit for less than $800, you did very well. Value aside, they're a great pistol and a perfect example of the old cliche "they don't make 'em like they used to". Enjoy! -Asa

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
asa,
I paid a lot less than $800 due to the pitting at the end of the barrel. it came with the box and all paperwork. I shot it for the first time the other day and it is a tack driver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts