Colt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up an old Colt Frontier Six Shooter from 1905 at a LGS. An older gentleman has been selling off his collection a little at a time and of course I had to help him out. The gun is in ok shape, not pristine. There may be a little cold blue touch up on the cylinder and barrel, but it has ivory stocks and just feels good in the hand. four clicks like new. I'm not a serious Colt SAA collector but have bought some guns from this collection over the last month. It's good to go into a shop and see something other than plastic guns. Let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
I didn't see any cold blue that jumped out at me from what I could see in the photos. Really decent looking FSS for 1908.

·
Premium Member
6,104 Posts
I would be casting bullets and loading ammo for it. Looks like post war stocks. I would be proud to own it. At the Louisville show, Colt FSSs were priced the highest of similar era single actions.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
That's a sweetheart! Just the right amount of wear. And I prefer its round trigger guard of that period. The ivory is nice. They're a little too squarish for me and could use a bit of fitting. A great combination collector and shooting piece.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Nice honest piece with a bit of character. Another ¾" on the barrel and it would be perfect! ;)

Rio5

1 - 17 of 17 Posts