Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have added a new Colt Python to my collection today. It is a 100th Anniversary Edition celebrating the Durham NC Sheriff's Department's 100 years in 1981. (1881-1981). there were 250 produced and this one is number 015 of the 250. She has has been a safe Queen for the past 33 years and has never been fired and will probably live out the next few years that way. The Sheriff Bill Allen was a personal friend of my Dad's which make this even more special, as they are both gone on to a better place today.

IMG_20140304_092006_723.jpg IMG_20140304_092428_681.jpg 2014_0303_11472600.jpg

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would that be the small marking in the front are of the trigger guard, it looks like it.
The DCSD 019 (Durham County Sheriff's Department) is the edition number.

Oh
and thanks for the comments!

·
Registered
124 Posts
What a fine example of a limited run....imagine the price tag...you could put on that ; 10 yr.'s from now.
Nickel has a magnetic draw...for me.

Reactions: lkgmadmax

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
lkgmadmax, that is a great nickel Python, and my favorite among the "law enforcement" special editions. I always admired the limited "engraving" on the side plate, and the stocks just can't be beat. Knowing its history and its link to your father makes it all the more special.

Enjoy your new Python, take good care of her, and most of all, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would that be the small marking in the front are of the trigger guard, it looks like it. The DCSD 015 (Durham County Sheriff's Department) is the edition number.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Would that be the small marking in the front are of the trigger guard, it looks like it. The DCSD 015 (Durham County Sheriff's Department) is the edition number.
Well, I would agree that it stands for "Durham County Sheriff's Department" and it would have been the 15th Python produced in that special edition. The limited "engraving" I mentioned would mean that the area of "engraving" or chemical etching to be specific, is smaller or limited in comparison with other nickel "law enforcement" special editions that Colt produced over the many years (probably 10 to 15 such additions). I recall there is no special treatment (engraving) on the right side of the gun, which makes this edition different from others. Another thing that makes it special is the fact that you actually have a link to the city, and the law enforcement official that likely commissioned the order from Colt. There were many Python special editions, and there are folks that collect them and know them thoroughly. But few of these Pythons today, are in the hands of the people "on the ground" so to speak, like yourself.

Here is an example of one of mine, while not nickel, it does have a much greater degree of embellishments, which I have stated is not my preference. This was a commission from the Minneapolis Police Department in the early 80s and was embellished with gold leaf. Notice the stocks (with Colt Custom Shop medallions) are exactly like the stocks on your Python.

·
Banned
1 Posts
I have added a new Colt Python to my collection today. It is a 100th Anniversary Edition celebrating the Durham NC Sheriff's Department's 100 years in 1981. (1881-1981). there were 250 produced and this one is number 015 of the 250. She has has been a safe Queen for the past 33 years and has never been fired and will probably live out the next few years that way. The Sheriff Bill Allen was a personal friend of my Dad's which make this even more special, as they are both gone on to a better place today.

View attachment 53513 View attachment 53514 View attachment 53347
I have number 136 out of 250 with all 3 boxes the gun is flawless rated at 99.9 the nicest gun I’ve ever saw never been fired I paid 4100$ for it will take 3500$ and then be sick over selling it. My number is +18432830228 and I’m in Loris South Carolina near myrtle beach .

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
You are required to post for sale under the Want To Sale section within this forum. Members are also required to have 50 postings prior to selling an item. This forum policy has been instituted to reduce scamming.
We hope you understand.
That said, we would certainly enjoy photos of Number 136!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts