Colt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had the notchiness in the hammer fixed and the grips replaced. These are Hogue ebony grips and the custom fitting turned out really nice. I’m thinking of having nickel Colt medallions installed in the grips. Anyone know a place that could do this? I think it would really set this gun off. I’m going to call Nutmeg Sports tomorrow and see if they can install their Colt medallions in these grips for me.

Really pleased with the work Duncan’s Gunworks did. They even fixed the original pallet wood grips so if I need to send off the ebony grips I can put the original grips back on temporarily.

359jt5x.jpg

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That a beauty you got there, i bet you feel like 'Dirty Harry'.
Thanks!

I actually have a Smith & Wesson model 29 with a 6” barrel. It’s a punishing gun to shoot with magnum loads. I’m going to try .44 Special loads in it the next time I go to the range.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
That a beauty you got there, i bet you feel like 'Dirty Harry'.
Way back in 1971,I might have felt that way but now I feel like,
” Mans got to know his limitations “
Pete

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
That looks sweet , I think the best option for nickel , period .
i had to log in to see it , this site has been locking me out after one thread viewed - for about 2 weeks.
Revolver Looks really great , I’ve been wanting a set bad .
i saved the image , Congrats - you’re on a nice roll .

Colts , Corvettes and Cadillac ‘s , AMERICAN LEGENDS and icons .

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I’m not a nickel fan but it does look great with those grips! I think a bulls eye ejector button would really make it pop!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I had to jump in on this one , SDRider... partial to the nickel long barrels myself.

These silver medallions are from Colt custom shop set in ivory. You should have no problem adding medallions to your stocks. Several vendors do that.

Beautiful guns. Thanks for sharing. Love those ivory grips with the medallions.

Did you do any of the grips on your other guns? I’ve tried my hand at fitting Hogue grips and it is not easy. My first attempt worked out okay but far from perfect. I’m working on a second set for the same gun, these are walnut, also by Hogue. I pressed the pin out and fit them and have them shaved close to the frame but they still need some work and finishing. I spend a lot of time pondering and very little time working on them lately it seems. I’m taking it slow and have hopes on a decent result but I have no doubt this is not my calling. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts