Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went antiquing yesterday and found some very interesting books that I had never seen before. The Peacemaker(Parsons, 1st edition), A Century of Achievement(1936), Army Revolvers and Gatling Guns, Colt Percussion Pistols, The 36 Calibers of Colt and "Samuel Colt Presents a Loan Exibition of Presentation Percussion Colt Firearms". These along with about 40 other gun books were stuck in the back corner of the antique store. Haven't read them all yet but they all seem to be great reference books. Figure they were well worth the $100 I paid.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
Nice find, they look very interesting. I think I'd have been happy paying the hundred as well.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I went antiquing as well on Sat. and picked up the same book-Parsons' The Peacemaker and it's Rivals. It's a 4th printing however. Also got Wilson's Colt Commemorative Firearms, as well as a few other firearms books. Must have been a good day for Colt books. I didn't get off as cheap as you did though. David Brown's book is very interesting. You'll like it.

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Does your "Century Of Achievement" book have a silvery cover or is that just the light? It also appears to be in relief. Mine is blue and white and looks old but in decent condition. I thought mine was original but perhaps it's not.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My book has the silver cover with relief. I'm pretty sure its a first edition. Inside is like new but the cover has a little wear at the corners.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Nice finds!!! The 36 Calibers of The Colt by David Brown isn't the most accurate book on Single Actions, but it is interesting. I've had my copy since it was first published.

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
Hi gunnut75,

Good finds!

Especially nice to get all those in one fell swoop!

Hi twaits,

I am sure your 'Century of Achievement' is original and not a reprint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts